5.6.10

25 Songs



It's amazing how you could lose a friend completely over a bastard of a guy.

It's mind-blowing how a friend could degrade herself to the lowest degree possible and discard her dignity like trash after a fight with that bastard of a guy, then accepting him back a day later AFTER you have carefully comforted her during that 24 hours in the aftermath of the so-called break-up. 

And it’s incredible how you put such thought and effort to somewhat re-bond with that fading now-ex-friend when at the very last minute she bailed out WITHOUT texting you an apology, but texting her excuse to another friend. Without even a half-attempt sorry. Nothing.

And that another friend of yours cancelled the pre-planned re-bonding outing on a minute that couldn’t be any later.

I haven’t been this livid for a long while. 

[Edit: Okay I misunderstood the messages given from that another friend. Ex-friend didn't bail out and that another friend actually told me earlier of the cancellation--it was actually her, not ex-friend who couldn't make it. Still, it could not change the fact that I was extremely livid at the time.]

The cancelled outing day arrived and I just couldn’t wait to go home. I put on my best I’m-royally-pissed face and lazily looked forward to be alone all the way and at home.

Then a savior emerged by just one mobile call. A BFF.

We had lunch, went to see Grand Aunt, succumbed to a huge clothes’ sale, had long chats over dinner at my new fave restaurant, bought a couple of (the same) stuff and ended the day with some karaoke. 25 songs to be exact.

My vocal chords never felt so alive. My infuriation never felt so cleansed. It was too awesome to even describe.

She made my day and night after a state of utter lividness.

To that BFF, thank you for putting my sanity and insanity back in their usual place.


Current mood: Satiated